Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Merry

This month at Happy Little Stampers CAS we have a Favorite Technique challenge.  For me, it's coloring hands down.  What about you?  Die cutting?  Texture?  Mixed Media?  As long as you can incorporate your favorite technique into a CAS card, please share it with us!  The more the merrier as they say.

For my card I had a very large Penny Black stamp (my guess is by Mo Manning) that would dominate the front of an A2 card.  To make it more CAS I offset the image to look like she's swinging off the card.  Lots of fun movement, fun to color and lots of open space.  The merry diecut took care of the ornament hook dangling in midair.  It's quite a clever solution imo. 

The Details:  Penny Black Little Elf Finn, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Merry die, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle die, Copic R24, 27, 39 (berries), YR21, 27, Y38 (hair), R22, 24, 27, 29, 39 (ornament), 0, N0, T1 (fur), G21, 24, 28 (holly), R02, 22 (lips), E00, 02, 53 (skin), B21, 24, 26, 39 (clothing)

I'm entering this in Addicted to Stamps and More #173 HolidayCrafter's Cafe #138 Diecuts or Punches, Penny Black Saturday Dies or Punches,






12 comments:

  1. This is just adorable ..... I love how she's swinging off the card, and clever use of that die cut too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute elf Toni, and if my colouring was nearly as good as yours it would be my favourite technique too! A great design my friend! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card. Adorable image ... and you have coloured it to perfection!! Love how you've stamped it off the page. And yes, your Merry was very clever to take care of the dangling hook! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Toni. I love the way the kiddo is swinging. Awesome colouring too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Toni you are soooo clever. I love how you have used this stamp. I have the digital images as I am a Mo fanatic. I would never have thought to use like this. She has the cutest face. And the way you used the die cut, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Toni, this is so cute! Love how you gave her the merry sentiment to hold :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your creative design with this adorable stamp & your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, Toni. Beautifully coloured and I like how you incorporated the Merry sentiment, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Toni, this is totally adorable and clever!!! The color is gorgeous, so non-traditional for the elf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully coloured image and I love how you extended the bauble string with the merry die cut.
    Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job of coloring, Toni! I love the feeling of movement and the joyful look on this elf's face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your placement here, Toni. Fabulous colouring too, great card. Thanks for sharing at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!