Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Home is the Heart of the Holiday


I have a second card for the TIME OUT mid-challenge inspiration that I hope sparks your creativity.  For this one I pulled from the embroidery on the pillow, the white of the sofa, Noel on the shelf and the horizontal lines throughout.

Here I masked off a strip on top, stamped it in Versamark and embossed it in gold.  Next I stamped and embossed the sentiment and glued on a small heart gem in the middle.  Gotta love how quickly OLCs can come together.

The Details:  Versamark, Ranger gold embossing powder, Hot Off the Press Christmas Cheer stamp, Recollections white 110 lb cardstock

I'm entering this in the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #11 Home, Sweet HomeVirginia's View #9 Metallic

12 comments:

  1. How cool that this is a one layer! I thought there was glitter paper but your versamark technique is very cool! The stamp is stunning, so detailed and beautiful. Thank you again for guest designing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Toni, I thought that was glitter card too-what fabulous ink and the whole card is so very elegant. It has been fabulous having you as our Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card twice today and both times I thought; that looks great and what a clever way to make a onelayer card! Thanks for being our Geust-Designer at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crisp, CAS and gorgeous, Toni ... the gold shimmer is just fabulous against all that glorious white space! So delighted to have you join us as GD this fortnight! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cool OLC design, Toni - love it! Your embossing is perfect and I am totally in love with gold at the moment :) It has been so great to see your designs as GD at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so got to try out your technique for masking and embossing, it looks superb! And it looks even better with all that white going on. This is perfect for our challenge and the OLS Home..I think its a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! The stamp detail is so gorgeous! Love, love, love your card. Thanks so much for guesting with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!! Love the very elegant feel with all the gold - stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a classic holiday look to this lovely card! It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simplicity at its best! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sentiment Toni. The gold embossing really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THUD! What a drop-jaw gorgeous card...and that stamp is absolutely perfect for the One-Layer Simplicity challenge. LOVE how you combined the two challenges and took inspiration from the pillow. Seriously love!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!