Thursday, March 21, 2019

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Today is a momentous day!  My partner turns 60. 60 is a huge milestone! Close to retirement but not close enough. Gravity has taken its toll on every body part (EVERY--trust me). You start getting a different type of junk mail like build-your-own-coffin.  In essence, you're officially old. 


But my sweetie is young at heart and still loves to rock out. Ok, smooth jazz out but close enough. That said, I HAD to make him a card using the MFT Turntable die and coordinating For the Record sentiments. It's like MFT knew I needed this set!

I started the card by sponging the card base with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron so a bit would peep out from behind the Hero Arts Heart Confetti Die (a great substitute would be the Lawn Fawn Polka Hearts Backdrop).  That die is cut from DCWV Winter Frost 6x6 paper.  So is the PTI Banner Die.


Now the really fun part for me was creating the turntable. I cut out the bits, coating the record in Ranger Glossy Accents then re-cutting that so the impressed lines would show up even more. Plus shiny. The arm is cut from Recollections Silver Mirror Board.

I added the MFT Happy Birthday Circle Frame cut from one of my Adirondack Alcohol Ink leftovers for funky fun.  I love how that looks, especially with the record label cut from the same.

Final steps were stamping the For the Record sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and gluing everything down using the Ranger Glossy Accents. I even used it on the black enamel dots as the adhesive on them seems to wear off over time. Oh, wait, the turntable arm is popped up on Scotch Foam Tape.

I'm entering this in Seize the Birthday #161 without optional dots and stripes, Cardz 4 Guyz #125 To Die For, TIME OUT #131 Inspired by Words

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Toni, this is amazeballs! He must be a good one to deserve a card this awesome. (And of course you can tell him someone said that. :P) Brilliant to use an alcohol ink panel for the happy birthday, somehow it just works. And since I'm here... thanks for linking this up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Toni ... the texture and dimension is fabulous ... and that shiny 45 on the turntable is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at our 5th birthday celebrations at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! (My hubby turned 60 this month too and he's also a music fan!) Brilliant use of alchol inked leftovers too, must check out this set lol. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! what a brilliant idea, a fab card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We would love for you to visit us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how you created the turntable! So clever! Happy bday to your hubby! Sixty is the beginning of a new chapter in our adult lives! Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!