Friday, February 1, 2019

Whimsy F1 - Ahoy, Matey!


Ahoy, matey!  I'm sharing a card using the Whimsy Stamps February release today.  The Arrgg Pirates set is so cute and it paired perfectly with the Peekaboo Windows 3 die.

I colored up the images using Copics (you'll see pics of the ones I used down below). I used vibrant boy colors thinking I will send this to one of my nephews, if my cat will allow me to part with it. LOL! He was so curious about this particular card for some reason.


Anyway, I added lots of dots to the Arrgg Pirates critters to give them a bit of visual texture. Adding those little details makes them come more to life. I also masked and stenciled some clouds behind them to break up all that white. 


And can you see the depth created by just popping up the Peekaboo Windows 3 diecut?  It's so cool that apertures allow for multiple things to go on in a visually controlled fashion.

The sentiments were stamped after I had adhered the diecut but the ship I masked, stamped and colored beforehand since it's much larger than the aperture. I love all the detail this ship has and will definitely use it full size in the future.

https://whimsystamps.com/collections/copic-sketch-markershttps://whimsystamps.com/collections/copic-sketch-markers

1 comment:

  1. ...ADORABLE....I just love those colors and images. BTY...nice kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!