Thursday, January 17, 2019

Swinging By


I have a very special little boy in mind for this card. He’s such a little monkey, it’s perfect for him!

To start the card I diecut the Mama Elephant Tri Window Coverplate in a happy green then used leftover pieces of Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6 Paper behind the windows. I next stamped the Sunny Studio Love Monkey images using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics.


This is a case where I almost wished I had bought the coordinating dies as they cut out some of the inner bits. I did that by hand using an Exacto knife. And it looks it. LOL.


I adhered the images down, popping up the swinging monkey with a bit of foam tape so he’s coming at you a bit. 


Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock using Versamark and embossed using Ranger Detail Fine White Embossing Powder. I love how it looks snipped apart and swinging along with those frisky monkeys.


The Details:  Sunny Studio Love Monkey, Mama Elephant Tri Window Coverplate, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Spring 6x6 Paper, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Ranger Detail Fine White Embossing Powder, Copics

4 comments:

  1. What a bright fun Valentine! I love your color palette, the swinging monkey images, the perfectly plaid background and your sentiment tossed across all three windows. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Well, those monkeys are just way too cute! The colours in the plaid look like a sun-dappled jungle. Thanks for swinging by to play with Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just too cute - a lovely card - thank you so much for playing along at Fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!