Sunday, August 5, 2018

Cards in Envy Something New


Time for a new challenge at Cards in Envy--please show us something new. It could be a new technique, new ink, new stamp, or about anything as long it's new to you and you let us know what it is. In my case, I'm using a new stamp, die and stencil. 

I started out by sponging the upper half of my card base with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide. Next I die cut the window and sponged it with Salty Ocean, making the color a bit darker at the top in keeping with the base. I realized afterwards that I had cut the window crooked so I used the rectangle die to rectify that--whew!

Coloring up the genie was extra fun--man boobs! He's rockin' that bod. Defined but not defined by working out excessively, you know? Yummers. LOL.

The Details: Hero Arts Make a Wish and December 2018 Card Kit, Distress Oxides, Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle Die

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and I love your description of the genie - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun stamp, die and stencil! Love your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card Toni, love how you created the background with the stencils! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!