Saturday, January 6, 2018

Clay Ornament Experiment


Damn you, Pinterest! Make me curious about using my cardmaking supplies with clay, why don't you! LOL.  I've never worked with Fimo clay before but thoroughly enjoyed the change of pace. I will need to create a dedicated, cat-free workzone for future projects. Getting cat hair out of Fimo is daunting and, honestly, gross. 

Both ornament shapes were created using cookie cutters.  I used the border die to create the scallop design on the stocking (as an outline, used an Exacto to finish). I used my pokey tool to create the dots; this is the same tool I use to get paper out of dies.  For the second ornament, I used the 3D Sizzix snow folder to impress the snowflake pattern.  Boom, done.

The Details:  Sizzix Snow Embossing Folder, Pretty Pink Posh Border die, Fimo Clay, Sugar Belle cookie cutters

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!