Thursday, October 20, 2016

Stamplorations CAS October Mid-Challenge Reminder!


Wow, this month is slipping by quickly!  If you haven't already or even if you have, come on over and join in the fun at Stamplorations CAS.  This month the optional color is black.  Can't get much easier than that!

For my card, I had my brother and his wife in mind.  They own a travel agency and are always jet-setting around the world.  For instance, in August they went to Vietnam, Burma and other nearby areas.  Crazy, huh?  I think this card captures their love of travel perfectly.

Really simple:  I stamped and masked the plane then used a Clarity brush to add sky with Distress Inks.  I played around with sentiment placement then stamped them as a group, without a MISTI, thank you very much.  I love how well Stamplorations stamps hold ink.  Next I cut out the panel with the crazy stitching die and then embossed.  Love!


The Details:  Stamplorations Born to Roam and Crazy Double Running stitch die, Distress Inks Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon, Memento Tuxedo Black, Carta Bella embossing folder

7 comments:

  1. Toni, this is an amazing card! I can feel dynamics with all the sentiment surrounding the plane. The texture is so great. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I'm entirely smitten with your travel-themed card, perfect for your brother and sister-in-law! The pairing of your images with the embossed background: perfect! CAS-ilicious!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so pretty, I love the embossed map background, so perfect for the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a refreshing and stunning card Toni!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CAS card Toni - and perfect for your brother and SIL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!