Sunday, October 2, 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS October Challenge!


I was so excited to learn that this month's HLS CAS challenge is embossing on vellum.  I had just gotten a new Heidi Swapp stencil and Minc Reactive paint so this was the perfect opportunity to try it out!

I have to say I am amazed at how easy it was use the stencil with the paint.  Amazing results.  The stencil is tacky on the back so there's little chance of the paint seeping where it shouldn't (ask me how I know).  It also rinsed right off the stencil no problem and dried quickly on the vellum.  I ran it through my laminator with gold Deco Foil and magic happened!  Love!  I mounted the vellum on a striped panel I had created using the Concord & 9th Stripe Builder set and HA ink.  I had to ink it up numerous times using the MISTI to get good coverage.  Had I used Versamark then the HA ink on top, I bet it would have been much easier.

I did try embossing the sentiment but Versamark had no adhesion on top of the foil so I stamped and fussy cut instead.  I like the effect of the raised sentiment panel so all good.

I hope you'll join us at HLS CAS; I look forward to seeing what you come up with!



The Details:  Concord & 9th Stripe Builder and You're My Person, Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die, VersaFine Onyx Black, Hero Arts Soft Pool, Heidi Swapp stencil, Minc Reactive Paint, Deco Foil Gold, Bazzill Icy Mint, PTI vellum, Scrapbook Adhesives vellum tape

4 comments:

  1. OHHH, how beautiful and elegant it is?!!! Striped background under the vellum pops the gold up. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the delicacy background softened by vellum and gold stamping. These flowers are amazing.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love the delicacy background softened by vellum and gold stamping. These flowers are amazing.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous ... I love the stripes in the background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!