Thursday, February 4, 2016

Stamplorations CAS February Challenge!!

Hey, all, are you ready for another fun Stamplorations CAS challenge?  This month as usual it's anything goes but with the optional twist of RED.

I love me some red, don't you?  As Valentine's Day will soon be here I thought of hearts then Queen of Hearts. I love her imperious pointing--Off with her Head!   I thought the Art Is sentiment matched her personality.  LOL.  Of course, once I started thinking of art, I recalled a gingerbread house I saw over the holidays which someone had worked up as Starry Night by van Gogh which made me think of the painting itself and then a gelli print I had done a while back with a great swirl factor.  Welcome to my brain!

So fairly straight forward stamping with the addition of embossing the queen so she would really pop.  I inset all of the diecuts to keep it simple but also to allow me to save a bit of the swirl print for later.  Yes, I am a gelli print hoarder!

I do hope you'll join in the fun this month!  You can enter up to 3 times and don't have to use Stamplorations products but it would be wonderful if you did!

The Details:  Simon Says stitched rectangle dies, Memento Luxe Love Letter, VersaFine Onyx Black, Stamplorations Queen of Hearts and Art Is, Liquitex Basics acrylic paints, gelli plate, Neenah 110lb solar white, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base

7 comments:

  1. I love the bold colours and that blue gelli print is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and beautiful! Love the queen's position, pointing at the sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Toni. Love your background. Hey, this works for Simon Says Stamps Wednesday challenge too: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-have-a-heart-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your mind works! :) And I LOVE that gelli plate background. So very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toni, great card! Love your chain of associations :) Enjoyed reading your post

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I LOVE her all in red with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!! what a great card, I love this image of this authoritarian Queen and her finger making you look!! at the awesome sentiment.
    I love all the thoughts that came to your mind in the making of this card, very awesome brain you have!!!
    Thank you for sharing.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!