Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sending Hugs

First time using this Altenew set and I loves it.  Lots of little spriggy bits I was able to use to make my own arrangement.  Nice!

I started out coloring the large flower (camellia?).  I fussy cut that out after adhering it to a second piece of cardstock to make it sturdier.  I next stamped out a few sprigs and colored them.  Love the combo.  I wasn't initially satisfied with the green so went back and added some G07 to give it a little more pop.  The banner hides my initial sentiment placement.  I just didn't like it so covered up the ugly and curved it out.  I am so into adding a bit of 3D into my cards lately--okay, you've not seen them yet but you will.  Promise.  The flower is popped up on foam for even more dimension.  A clean and layered card makes me happy!

Oh!  The background is embossed with the PTI linen texture plate.  Definitely one of my desert island craft supplies!  LOL

The Details:  Altenew Beautiful Day, VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, Hammermill color copy cardstock panel, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, Copic Y00, Y32, Y35, R02, R05, R08, G07, YG61, YG63, BG000, BG0000, BG01, BG05, BG53

I'm entering this in the Card Concept #49 Floral Radiance, Paper Players PP282 Colors, Addicted to CAS #80 Bloom,

22 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the colours you have used. I'm still waiting for this set to arrive so thanks for some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, love this Altenew flower. Cant wait to get mine. Love how you have coloured in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Toni! Beautifully colored and perfectly balanced...LOVE! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!! I love you beautiful bright flower! Lovely!!
    Thank you for joining us over at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love the layering of your stamps ... creates so much depth and dimension, along with popping up that gorgeous main bloom. Love your save on the sentiment. Curling the ends of the banner is awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower is so gorgeous. Love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.. amazing . Thanks for sharing your card at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful Copic coloring on your flower and leaves! Gorgeous card, Toni! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful arrangement of the flowers in so refreshing colors, Toni! Gorgeous coloring on the big flower(I thought it is a rose...but not sure:))and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your card is beautiful, and the blue flower is over the top gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbelievably beautiful card!! That blue flower is stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! Your coloring is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us here at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win at ATCAS came over by the way of them just to say what a stunning, stunning card, beautifully stamped and coloured. Am off for a peep around the rest of your blog.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, your coloring is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SOOOO pretty! The bloom fairly glows! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really stunning! Your blue flower is unexpected and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!