Monday, February 1, 2016

House of Cards February Challenge

This month at the House of Cards we're asking that you create a card that is not a square or a rectangle but anything else is fair game.  Circles, ovals, snowglobes!

I love snow globes and decided to create one with my Cameo.  I've included a pic for your reference.  The card is A2 in size.

I airbrushed the blue background, leaving the bottom white as snow.  I then colored and diecut the penguin and fire.  Isn't that penguin adorable?  I used a snow pen on his hat for kicks.  I assembled the rest of the card--double layer of foam tape, glitter mix, etc--but felt there was something lacking.  Note in the pic below how there's no shading on the base--very blah.   I was much happier after I added in some shading with Copics.

The Details:  My Favorite Things Toasty Greetings, Copics, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Recollections 110lb white cardstock, Stampendous Frantage Multi Crystal Glitter Mix, VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Scotch Foam Tape

21 comments:

  1. I love snow globes and have several. I wish I'd a machine to cut these fabulous shapes from and your penguin is very cute too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely too cute - what an awesome card. Love the penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Toni, TOO CUTE! I am in LOVE with the fun shape, and the scene you created is absolutely darling! Wonderful creation! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. Like your little penguin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love your snowglobe ... and the penguin toasting marshmellows --- AWESOME! :) You're right, that little bit of shading on the base made a huge difference. Airbrushing, huh? More new toys Toni??!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! Love the snow globe shape, and the image is just darling. Such a great shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! Cute image and great idea for the shaped challenge! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet scene and punny too, I love your shaped card ! Heather HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Toni - what a stunner! You are so clever, Jo x HOC/DT friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cute snow globe card Toni! Love it!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I L.O.V.E. this, Toni! I've always been a sucker for snow globes! Super cute scene with the penguin!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HOC teammie

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, this couldn't be cuter!! i love snow globes too and that little penguin is adorable. you're right, shading adds so much dimension and you did a great job.
    linda HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable idea!
    Hugs, Rosi DT-teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Toni, this is just adorable1 Great idea!
    take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some had to do shaker card. Yours is awesome and adorable! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cuteness overload!! Love you snow globe, it's perfectly designed.
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, Toni and prefect for this polar weather!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is super cute! I love the snow globe! :) Big Hugs! -Katy HOC teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! Love the detail on the penguin! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute this is. Great for this challenge.

    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!