Tuesday, February 2, 2016

HLS CAS February Challenge!

Time for another Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge!  This time we ask you to stamp with an embossing folder.  There are lots of ways to do this so be sure to check out the how-to videos we've included.

For my card, I inked up the raised portion of an embossing folder and misted it lightly with water.  I then pressed regular cardstock, not watercolor cardstock, onto the folder, folded it over, and burnished the lot by hand.  I was really pleased with the dreamy pointillism that resulted.  I embossed the sentiment and diecut a curved edge on top to soften it a bit.  I love how that follows along with the curved sentiment.  To achieve the texture of the chartreuse background, I impressed the paper with a linen impression plate on both sides multiple times. The texture is amazing and extremely tactile.

The Details:  PTI 140lb white cardstock base, Movers & Shakers sentiments, linen impression plate; Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Inks Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Crushed Olive, Simon Says Stitched rectangle die, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border, Paper Studio embossing folder

7 comments:

  1. Great card, Toni! Its fabulous to be GDT with you guys this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one from the moment I saw it, lovely and clean and fresh Toni! You nailed it! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Toni! Love the leaves. White curved panel showcases sentiment wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully treated about challenges. I love this natural print folder. Great card, Toni
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully treated about challenges. I love this natural print folder. Great card, Toni
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've achieved a beautiful effect with your embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stamping Toni, the mix of greens is simply terrific!
    Love this technique!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!