Monday, February 1, 2016

Delightful News!


Congratulations to Deepti and her new baby boy!  Why not show her some love and link up a card for her to help her celebrate!

For my card I wanted to go a bit non-traditional.  I knew I wanted to use my fabric dye background with the heart border which I realized looked like waves with white caps if I layered them.  Cool!  The sentiment is such a cute pun of sorts so I had to use it here but it seemed a little lonely on the top of the panel so I added the bird cut from the same fabric dye background.  I had planned to have a plain white card base but went rogue by creating a boyish plaid instead.  So cute!

The Details:  Stamplorations Fond Expressions 2 sentiment, MFT Plaid Background Builder set, Impression Obsession Sea Birds die, Simon Says Stitched Rectangle die, Mama Elephant Heart Border die, Jacquard fabric dyes, Hero Arts Navy and Tide Pool, Copics, Memento Dandelion, Distress Inks Carved Pumpkin, Hammermill 80lb color cardstock, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure Deepti will be quite delighted in her "new little thing" ;) fab card, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of using heart border die cuts as waves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment is perfect! Love the blue heart/wave border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo creative to use the hearts to look like waves!! And that background plaid is just stuuuunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever card. I love all the elements - the plaid background, hearts and bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!