Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Snowman Shaker

Hello!   We've having an ultra fun and inspirational holiday House of Cards blog hop with some really great sponsors for our December picture inspiration challenge.  I'm the last stop so if  you haven't already checked out Tammy's blog before mine, please do so.  If you've missed any of the other fab designers, you can head on back to HOC for a full list of participants!

For my card I'm using the cutest image from Great Impressions. I knew I wanted to use F251 Build a Snowman but wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it.  When that happens with a Christmas card, I search through my box of crafty holiday goodness.  This paper was perfect--a little snow, lots of sentiments, and happy colors.  I colored up the image pulling in the reds, greens and blues from the DP.

I had also run across these instant shaker majiggers in my stash.  You just sprinkle a bit of glitter on the image, peel the backing off the instashaker and plop it right down on top of the image and pile of glitter.  So easy.  You then cut a circle in your top paper and pop it over.  I had cut the wrong size circle initially but no worries since that gave me the idea to turn it into a wreath.

25 comments:

  1. Your card is so sweet and colorful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Thank you for the inspiration. Creative regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni, this is super cute! That's the sweetest background paper ever! Great job - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun inspiration :) thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Christmas card.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling card, Toni! I LOVE the fun way you colored in this image, and the patterned paper is SUPER fun! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done at HOC the past term! Sending lots of HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutteee snowman...makes me smile too your sweet card and the DP so adorable Toni...luv this non tradiitional color of xmas card...
    Big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is so cute Toni! I love that adorable image and your perfect Christmas paper! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!
    Big hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, my goodness, this is just too cute toni! i love the adorable image and your festive paper that is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet image and cheery paper, fun idea to add the shaker to it ! Heather HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable, such a cute image and papers and fits the challenge perfectly, like your wreath too! Donna HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cute, I like the image!!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card with the mouses building a snowman.
    Like the whole look of your card toooo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card with the mouses building a snowman.
    Like the whole look of your card toooo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, Toni! It's been an honor to be on the DT at HOC this term and I hope it continues!
    Love, hugs and blessings,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, Toni! What an adorable and funny card! I love the cute image and the pink paper with all these sentiments - it fits perfectly!
    Hugs, Rosi HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! Isn't it fun when you find just the perfect piece of paper and it inspires you to create something wonderful like this!

    sue (foleysfriend)
    HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card! Isn't it fun when you find just the perfect piece of paper and it inspires you to create something wonderful like this!

    sue (foleysfriend)
    HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute shaker, Toni! And I'm glad you can leave me comments now! =)
    Lilian HOC DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super cute! Love the paper and that snowman! :) Hugs!-Katy HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable. Love the touch of borders along the top.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this fun and festive shaker card - just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card, love it.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your fun shaker card and that adorable snowman. Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!