Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Holidays!

Hello!  Time for another Great Impressions card for you.  And, alas, this is my last post as a design team member.  These past 6 months have been so fun!  I will miss you all!

I've made not one, not two, but THREE cards this round. First up, I had to have the H203 Magical Tree stamp the moment I saw it.  It's so gorgeous!  I had a bunch of ideas but settled on this one.Here I used designer paper that had the look of layered stamping without all the fuss and muss.  I then stamped the tree using a matching blue.  I decided to emboss the panel for textural interest before adding the Tim Holtz star.

For my second card, I used a stencil in the background, sort of like bokeh lights and another stencil with glitter paste for the tree.  I wish you could see the sparkle in real life.  I like the swirls in the F621 Holidays sentiment with the other rounded elements too.

For my final card, I went ultra simple and modern with a one layer card using F621 Holidays and G496 Evergreen Wreath.  You may recall I have used this stamp before.  Totally different effect, right?

Well, there you have it.  I've enjoyed my time with Great Impressions and with you!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours!  

Don't forget about the GI monthly challenge!
You don't have to use GI stamps but it'd be totally awesome if you did!
Also, if you do use GI stamps, be sure to link up to the customer gallery to show us your fabulous work and for a chance to get a little year-end prize.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I think the last one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!