Friday, November 13, 2015

Shake Your Tail Feathers

We're about halfway through the Happy Little Stampers CAS November challenge where we ask that you include some sort of gilding on your card.  There's still time to join us so please stop by and show us your crafty genius!

For my one-layer card, I had an idea with the Deco Foil that I had difficulty executing at first.  I tried a sticky embossing powder which didn't work out very well at all.  I then decided to use the glue as a stencil paste.  This worked great but you've got to be quick in order to remove the stencil and clean off the glue before it starts to dry--ask me how I know.  :)  The glue only took a few minutes to dry--maybe 10, 15?  After that I placed a piece of the Deco Foil on it and burnished the heck out of it with my finger.  I periodically lifted a bit of the foil to see where I needed to burnish more.   There were a couple of spots where the glue had seeped under the stencil but I was able to rub off the excess foil with an eraser, very carefully.



The Details:  PTI white 140lb cardstock, TCW Mini Peacock Feathers stencil, iCraft rainbow deco foil and transfer adhesive, Memento Tuxedo Black, Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers


2 comments:

  1. That looks so brilliant. I just bought some of the multicolour foil but havent tried anything yet. Looks so good and your 'shake your tail feather' perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!