Wednesday, November 11, 2015

See it Jiggle, Watch it Wiggle

My gelli plate arrived! It is weird and jiggly.  Like me!

For this I put a blob of alzarin crimson, medium magenta and naphthol crimson acrylics on the plate. Then I used my brayer (finally a use for that darn thing!) to spread it out.  Nearly all of the color came up with the first press so I only did a monoprint onto 2 tags.  The second print was hardly noticeable at all--I will practice with amount of paint laid down vs amount picked up.  My blobs here were each about the size of a chickpea.

Next I took Peerless transparent gold liquid and sponged that over a Memory Box stencil. For the Spellbinders poinsettia, I used Deco Foil adhesive which I allowed to dry tacky before laying down gold leaf.  Gold leaf can be a pain when you have a cat who likes shiny floating things.  I used Stickles as berries.  The Penny Black sentiment was heat embossed with Versamark and Ranger gold embossing powder.

That said, all this gold goodness reminds me that Gilding is this month's challenge over at Happy Little Stampers CAS, Tags at both Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media and Christmas.  And don't forget about Loll's 12 tags of Christmas event!

9 comments:

  1. Am in love with this tag Toni!! The saturated colours from your geli plate are so gorgeous. LOVE the gold stenciling over top. And your poinsettia and sentiment are so shiny with the gold flakes. Beautiful, beautiful tag!! Thanks for sharing at my tag event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped by to say how gorgeous your tag is. Very striking, just loving those poinsettias and the background is beautiful. Still haven't tried the gelli plate yet but it's on the list! x Great tag x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Poinsettia and gorgeous background Toni! LOVE it! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Love the richness of the red and gold! Thanks for taking part in the Happy Little Stampers challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for using our Deco Foil! The card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful tag, love all the gold and sparkle and your poinsettia is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag Toni and the poinsettia is stunning!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this stunning gold background and the awesome poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!