Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Watercoloring Class Day 6, Again

This didn't turn out like I had in my head.  I wonder if it's the ink.  I used an ink from like 10 years ago called Ancient Page.  It's amazingly juicy considering I haven't used it in a coon's age.  Darn it all.  Now that I look at it, it says it's waterproof.  Um, could that be why it didn't blend as well as I imagined.  ;-P  I'll definitely have to try this card again.

I like the layout and using one stamp to create the look of a full bouquet.  The butterflies? I added those on after I decided I didn't like the enamel dots I'd put on there.  Lesson:  enamel dots are surprisingly hard to rip off and trying to watercolor over the boo boos just doesn't cut it because those areas act like ink sponges.  Thus, butterflies.

Also, I like how the 1" wide flat brush works when applying a background wash.

The Details:  Penny Black Blooming Garden stamp, Ancient Page and Distress Inks, Memory Box butterflies, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, painter's tape to mask the edges

I'm entering this in Colour Q #242Paper Players #193 Ann's CAS Floral, Charisma Cardz #11 May Flowers  


4 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!! Your flowers look amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at the CoulourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Toni, your flowers are so cheery, great coloring! So glad you played with us this week at the colourQ! Frankie looks comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Toni. What a great job you did of your watercoloring and I love the little butterflies. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, even if it's not what you envisioned, Toni! I love the flowers clustered in the corners. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!