Sunday, May 18, 2014

Masking with Rubber Cement

Day 2 watercolor class homework which talks about creating a background wash and using rubber cement or liquid frisket to cover a stamp image so the watercolor doesn't bleed into it.  I used rubber cement.  It was odd painting that onto paper but I encountered no problems and it rubbed right off.  Oh, yeah, that thing where she tells you to wait until the watercolor is dry before rubbing the cement off--so very true.  I ended up with some friction balls on the paper on my first attempt. Impatient?  Moi?

I'm enjoying my new craft room layout where my sewing machine is now always at the ready.  More stitching in the future I hope!

The Details:  Simply Art watercolor paints, Penny Black Blooming Garden stamp, Hero Arts With Sympathy sentiment, Memento Tuxedo Black, Elmer's rubber cement, PTI pink and kraft cardstock, Artist's Loft 140 lb watercolor paper

I'm entering this in Tuesday Throwdown #195 Spring Blossoms, Penny Black Anything Goes, Addicted to Stamps & More #95 photo inspiration, Papertake Weekly Pretty Pastels, Virginia's View Stitching.


5 comments:

  1. Very lovely card. The water color BG is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. Good luck.
    Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Toni and lovely colour palette.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wash background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO simple yet so beautiful!! I love the refined touches from the stitching! The watercolor background is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah absolutely delightful and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!