Thursday, January 2, 2014

CAS(ing) Ardyth

 
Back in November Ardyth posted a thank you card that I loved--anything with music and I'm pretty much there.  Back then I did a quick mock up and over the holidays worked it up into the real deal.  A really really simple card.

Starting at 1/2" from the bottom, I scored the card front every 3/4" to create the illusion of white keys.  Then I cut five 2.5 x 0.5" strips of black card stock for the minor keys.  These were glued down.  As a last step I stamped the sentiment just over the top of a black key.  Next time I may stamp it in a bright color for that little pop.

The Details:  PTI white card stock, Pop Tone Black Licorice Card Stock, MFT Contempo Cage sentiment, Memento Tuxedo Black

I'm entering this in Less is More Pick a Past Sketch (#46 Music), Crazy for CAS Anything Goes, Keep It Simple #30 Anything Goes, Here Come the Boys #66 Anything Goes.

After seeing the card online, it seems drab so I've taken a pic on yellow and red.  Ardyth so had it right putting it on a bright color.  Way sassier.  I'm going to dissect and mount it on the yellow.  Or maybe the red.  I like both.  You'll just have to wait and see!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE IT, the simplicity of it, it gives lots of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS so original . Thank You for Playing and sharing your creation with us at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck from Woo, Sharon, Teresa, Donna, Jacky, Ginny, Becky, Mojca, Mandz, Stacey & Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at CFC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crazy for CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't Ardyth just make the most inspiring cards-love her! :) your card is just as fab and I hope the lucky recipient cherishes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! The scoring of the keys is inspired! Definitely going to be casing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!