Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Psych

I was asked by a coworker to make a holiday card for her aunt.  She told me a few things about her and I came up with this over the weekend.  Perfect  for an older woman from the Midwest.  Can't you just hear that crackling fire and taste the hot cocoa?  Even the lighting when I took the pic (total accident) lends to an aura that's homey and warm, and a bit traditional.  Or is it?  Like so many things, you peel back the layers and you never know what you're going to find.
Did I mention her aunt loves cats?  LOL!

This card was so fun to make.  I had to design it around the cat (it's a cat--duh!).  The clapboard was easy; I used my scoring board at every third line.  I cut out a few of the windows in various colors--chose the black which helps focus the eye. (Also, there's a house I really admire that uses a white with black color scheme which is not usual for my area.)  I attached the lace to the inside of the window frame then adhered the unit to the card.  And, of course, the little red bird.

The Details:  Papercraft Essentials digital stamp, Spectrum Noirs, Impression Obsession sentiment from Vintage Ornaments, PTI white card stock, Pop Tone card stock in Black Licorice, Memento Love Letter, Xmas Red Stickles, Memory Box Resting Birds die, lace from stash, Martha Stewart score board, Scor Tape, Memory Box small Madison window die.

I'm entering this is CAS-ual Fridays CFC119 Embossing, Cute Card Thursday 294 Animal Magic, Jingle Belles Holiday Traditions, and Simon Wednesday Challenge CAS.


3 comments:

  1. Love the scored siding ... and that kitty is just too cute ... so very glad you shared your holiday traditions with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, fun card Toni. Very creative use of the window and of course the image is just too darn cute. Thanks for the lovely comment left on my blog. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty AND hilarious holiday card, i *LOVE* the inside AND the outside! thanks for sharing your favorite holiday tradition with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!