Tuesday, November 12, 2013

One Layer Card Magic Eye

This weekend my kid sis and I tried our hand at the Northern Lights technique in the latest Splitcoast Stampers newsletter.  My attempt was abyssmal.  Truly.  However, my kid sis had fab results.  So jealous.

I kept the ink out and played around with the OLC concept again.  I have to say that one-layer cards are quicker than my usual layered stuff but way inkier.  I so need to keep disposable gloves in my craft room.  For this card I randomly inked the squares using pigment ink.  I then used a complementary blue to help visually pop the letters off of the squares.  Dimension without foam dots!  Cool!


The Details:  PTI white cardstock and Square Prints stamps, Hero Arts letter stamps, Brilliance Rocket Red Gold and Sunflower Yellow,  Colorbox Cranberry, and VersaMagic Sea Breeze.

I'm entering this in Less Is More OLC #145 Thanks, CAS on Sunday #21 OLC, and Simon Says Wednesday Clean & Simple.

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the fun squares and their awesome colors! :) Wonderful CAS layout! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great layout - love those colours. I haven't tried the SCS Northern Lights yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely zingy colours. So simple yet so effective!


    dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dimension without foam dots, you did it :)
    Love your card! Great composition!
    Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!