Monday, November 11, 2013

Long Weekend Organizing

I don't know about you but my crafting collection has grown so much that my toss in a drawer method is no longer workable . . . and I can be such a toss in a drawer person.   So lately I've been trying to catalog my stamps, embossing folders and dies to make it less frustrating to find what I want.   And when you're forcing yourself to go through everything, you find things you may have forgotten you had.  I know you know what I'm talkin' about.


My kid sis gave me the idea to catalog my embossing folders on tags.  My BF fashioned the ring from a coat hanger.  Brilliant, aye?  It has made choosing and identifying folders so so much easier.  It occurred to me afterwards that I could have placed different types of folders on different colors to help identify which section they're in (I keep them in a photo box with tabs--made the tabs from a PTI die btw).  Green ones could indicate the nature section, eg.  For later.

The Details:  washi tape, Stazon, Paper Studio embossing folder (I wish this came in a 5x7--my absolute favorite wood texture folder ever!), mystery everything else from my kid sis.

8 comments:

  1. Well, isn't this cute! That little hat and scarf look snuggly and soft. Though, I, myself, am not a throw in the drawer type person, I do admit that I have things in my stash that I have completely forgotten about. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute....great idea for the eb folders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you join us for our winter warmth challenge at CSAYL Tony, so lovely and gorgeous création, very creative and sweet, hope to see you next time, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card, your background is lovely and I love those sweet elements!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! love the felt scarf and hat! super card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Toni! I love the felt hat and scarf. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine tolle Karte. Gefällt mir richtig gut. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. LG Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!