Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dirndl girl

I've been in the mood for coloring lately.  Maybe it goes with warm fires, hot cocoa, and finally seeing what all the fuss is about with Breaking Bad (wow!  no spoilers--I'm on season 2 I think). 

For these cards I worked up the brown-haired girl when I started coloring a couple months ago.  I like the overall card design but the coloring not so much--that skirt, lord.  I gave the image another go today using a softer palette. Happy dance.  Can you see the gleam of the Brilliance Platinum Planet ink I used on the floral die?  The glossy accents on those poppin' holly berries?  That little "joy" in the corner.  Swoon.
Card 1 Details:  Stampavie Gretchen's Winter Basket stamp (I love Penny Johnson designs), mystery PP, Recollections snowflake punch, Sugar Coating Lily White Glitter, Glossy Accents, Spectrum Noir, mystery ribbon, brad, Smooch (center of poinsettia), foam dots

Card 2 Details:  Stampavie Gretchen's Winter Basket stamp, glossy accents, Smooch, My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic PP paper, PTI card stock in spring moss, Spectrum Noirs, Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Platinum Planet, Spellbinders Floral Oval die , MFT oval die, Hero Arts sentiment (part of one that says "Find Joy Everywhere"), foam dots




5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Toni. I really like the two little girl images with their festive baskets.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black this month and we hope you will join us for our next challenge in December.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute image! Love what you've done with this sweet girl! Thank you for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, pretty stamp.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!