Sunday, November 3, 2013

At least 2 things you can do with ferns

My kid sis gave me a set of 12x12 designer PP with this one being my fav.  Beautiful, isn't it?  It reminds me so of the Pacific Northwest.  A while back I had run across a card made with fern stamps and markers (I think).  This paper immediately came to mind.  I wanted a little more interest so used a fern die and popped it up.  I like how it draws the eye back to the sentiment.

For the other card I kept circling back to one of the scraps, thinking it would be perfect for a sympathy card.  Just a simple stamped sentiment and matting was all it needed.
The Details:   mystery designer PP, card stock from old stash, Spectrum Noir for the berries, Fiskars All That Glitters "May the simple joys...", Hero Arts Everyday Sayings ("deepest sympathy"), Spellbinders die


I'm entering both cards in The Male Room Nature and card 1 in Penny Black and More Anything Goes, Simon Wednesday Anything Goes, Christmas Card Challenges Pop It Up, and All Sorts #231 Christmas Cheer.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice and stylish cards Toni and thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that paper is gorgeous and so are the cards you've made with it. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the Pcific Northwest, and the gorgeous paper is very much a reminder of this area. I love how you "Christmasfied" the ferns by adding the red dots and popped up the die cut fern. Beautiful card! TYFS and joining in all the fun at Christmas Card Challenges #49.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I hate doing it I will admit at the beginning that this is a copy and paste comment as I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Toni, love the soft green shades. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Christmas Cheer challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Toni, they are both so elegant, I love the softness of the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!